Manjula is a Special Educator whose area of expertise is in Preschool Based Early Intervention. Her educational background includes a Masters of Education (Special Education) from the University of Sydney, Australia and a Bachelors of Psychology from Humboldt State University in California.
Her career has seen her working in the area of Early Intervention in various countries from Sri Lanka to Australia. In the last few years she has worked in Singapore within in the private sector as a manager and teacher in Early Intervention Programmes.
Her experience working with children of diverse needs within various communities and countries has instilled in her the importance of working in partnership with families. She uses play, inquiry and interest-based teaching to help children learn holistically.
Certifications and Training
- DIR®/Floortime 101
- Social Thinking Curriculum
- Supporting Sensory Needs in the Classroom
- Supporting Functional Routines for Children with Autism
- Accredited by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
- Member of SENIA (Singapore chapter), Community Childcare Cooperative (Australia) and the Association for Early Childhood Educators (AECES-Singapore).